- SPONSOR A BABY ANIMAL ORPHAN VIA: Rhinosaverz
Rhino Pride Foundation currently they have three baby orphans who cannot be introduced into the sanctuary yet as they are too young and will be killed by the adult rhinos.
How it works :
You get to contribute towards:
- Various daily running costs and expenses
For your generous contributions you will receive updated feedback from Rhinosaverz with a report and pics on a regular basis.
(I will personally visit and inspect 3/4 times per annum to ensure that everything is exactly as it says it is, and to keep you all updated with what needs to be done and all the progressions at the orphanage and sanctuary).
*There are various other verified foundations on the ground taking care of baby orphans. Should you wish to find out more information, please contact us using the contact form.
2. SPONSOR A RANGER (ANTI POACHING/GAME RANGER).
Rhinosaverz is affiliated with various anti poaching units, conservation units, animal sanctuaries, private game conservancies, and various National Wildlife services and is setting up projects and programmes with these foundations and organisations on the ground.
Sponsor a ranger/k9:
- Pit-track is an anti poaching conservation k9 unit based in South Africa, but are able to travel and do operations globally with links to various anti poaching units across the globe.
- IAPF under Damien Meander based in Africa. Damien travels the globe and is on the ground protecting our animals and trying to save them from extinction.
- The Save the African Rhino Foundation– you can assist various projects and programmes you can get involved in (Clemence brothers and the lower save anti poaching unit, lowveld rhino trust.)
3. SPONSOR ANTI POACHING UNIT.
Equip the rangers with all the necessary skills, gear, technology and assistance to win the war on extinction. Coming soon.
4. SPONSOR THIRSTY ELEPHANTS WITH WATER THEY SO DESPERATELY NEED.
There are 40,000 elephants in dire need of water daily. Please go to:
- Friends of Hwange (Dave Dell)
- Contribute to the fuel
- Sponsor a solar panel powered water pump
5. SPONSOR A TREE.
Visit: Archangel Ancient trees (David Milarch).
6. VOLUNTEER PROGRAMMES:
Bush craft, game ranger, and anti poaching rangers courses. Learn bush craft and become a bush guide, game ranger or an anti poaching ranger.
Rhinosaverz, in association with Pit-track, under the very experienced command of Silver Medal holder and accredited guides P. Mackneelage and Pit-track K9 anti poaching Consevation unit director Carl Thornton. Learn about the bush, the signs, the sounds, the smells and how to survive. and work with k9s
- 7-30 days bush craft basic
- 30-90 days intermediate
- 90-180 days advanced
- 180-365 days
- 365 day full beginners and basic anti poaching and game guiding with certificate course.
All these courses are affiliated with local indigenous communities and educational facilities and for every volunteer that comes on the course we will educate or train a local on the importance and the need to protect what belongs to all of us. So, as you come to Africa to do your part you know you are also helping to facilitate the sponsoring of, and education to a local indigenous community at the same time.
*There are also other courses and programs available through affiliated verified Foundations. Please use the contact form for more information.
Do One Thing – Join the DOT and make a difference in your own country.
Red Rhino Day
Raising Money for Rhino Protection
Saturday 7 November | 11h00 @ Bela-Bela
Contact Joan-Anne Harris for more info: